Hey everyone – I know I haven’t posted much. Life has been crazy with grad school and work and such. Just wanted to post a quick update of my 25 books by 25.
I have finished Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides and LOVED it and On the Road by Jack Kerouac (not a fan).
I am currently working on Gone With the Wind and Les Miserables.
So I turned 24 a few days ago. No big deal really. Until I realized that in turning 24, I am now living the 25th year of my life. I will have been on this planet for a quarter of a century in a year. Crazy right? Well, it is to me.
Anyway, in honor of my twenty fifth year on the planet, I’m making it my goal to read 25 carefully selected books over the course of the next year. In all honesty, I’ll read more, since reading is what I do. But I want to make sure to read the following 25:
25 Books by 25 (in no particular order)
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Middlemarch by George Eliot
- Middlesex by Jefferey Eugenides
- A Room with a View by E.M. Forrester
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Graham
- The Republic by Plato
- Sold by Patricia McCormick
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
- Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D.H. Lawrence
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
- The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Wish me luck! I’ll post as I read them and keep you updated.
Also, what would you recommend? Anything on here you strongly agree or disagree with?